- Please treat all staff with due respect - we are all just doing our job.
- Do not ask for information for anyone else other than yourself.
- Tell us of any change of name or address, so that our records are accurate.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate.
- Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery, and night visits should be for emergency only.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Please be punctual but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency.
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant's letter or the results of any tests to reach us.
- Use the tear-off slip to request your repeat prescription whenever possible.
- Please attend for review, when asked, before your prescription is due.
Information About Patients
We have a legal responsibility to keep confidential all of the information held about you.
Information may need to be shared with others to provide you with the best care, for example hospitals, district nurses etc. We follow strict guidelines concerning the release of information.
Freedom Of Information – Publication Scheme
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 obliges the practice to produce a Publication Scheme. A Publication Scheme is a guide to the ‘classes’ of information the practice intends to routinely make available.
This scheme is available on request.
Violent Or Abusive Patients
The practice will not tolerate any violence or abuse (including verbal abuse) to any members of the team. If this happens you will be asked to leave the premises and you will be removed from the practice list.